Student Chapter and Scholarship
LSHRM is committed providing college outreach and support to students by managing the scholarship program and continue to build our relationship with the local Student SHRM Chapters.
College and Community Relations Director
Rawleigh Richardson, Sr.
Phone: (502) 599-1720
Become a Student SHRM Member:
LSHRM is interested in promoting the future of the human resources field by partnering with the local student chapter of SHRM for students pursuing a career in HR.
Local Colleges and Universities are welcome to form their own Student Chapter of SHRM by meeting the following eligibility requirements:
Student Membership Eligibility Requirements and Guidelines
· You are enrolled in a degree-seeking program taking at least six (6) credit hours per semester, or during a 15 week equivalency.
· Your coursework, taken or planned, supports an interest in Human Resource Management or related degree program.
· Student membership is limited to a maximum of six years, non-consecutive.
· Students who are in established, professional roles would retain their current SHRM membership status. Existing professional members would not be eligible to downgrade to student membership.
Benefits of the SHRM Student Chapter membership:
· Cost: $35 (National SHRM Membership)
· Digital HR Magazine Subscription (student members do not receive the printed magazine with their membership)
· Full access to SHRM Online
· Member Directory Online search capability
· SHRMStudent Focus Magazine (quarterly supplement to HR Magazine)
· Discounted rate for first year of professional membership upon graduation.
· Free or low cost PHR/SPHR accredited workshops
· Internship and Mentorship Opportunities
· Reduce cost to LSHRM events: Workshops and HR Connect
· Social and Community events.
LSHRM Human Resources Student Scholarship
LSHRM is offering one $2,000.00 scholarship to one Louisville Metro-Area college student!
Eligibility to Apply
SHRM Involvement: SHRM student members with a valid SHRM national membership ID number and/or current local Kentuckiana SHRM student chapter members are eligible to apply.
School Standing: Applicants must be students in junior or senior standing of an undergraduate program studying human resources, with a planned career in the HR field.
GPA: Student applicants must have at least a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0-point scale and must have completed at least one HR management course (transcript required).
June 1: Deadline to submit all application materials, including letters of reference and transcript. All materials must be submitted in one packet and not separately. Please do not request any extensions. It is important to plan ahead to meet this deadline. Late applications will not be considered.
August 1: Applicants will be notified of the results.
Late August: Scholarship checks will be distributed directly to the university/college into an account for the student when the fall semester begins. Payments will not be provided directly to the student.
Additional questions regarding LSHRM Student Scholarship? Contact Andrea Goins (College and Community Chapter Chair) at 502-452-6341 ext. 246 or EMAIL: email@example.com