Director, Human Resources
Organization: Precision Metal Works
Date Posted: 1/6/2019
Date Needed: 1/21/2019
Location: 6901 Preston Highway, Louisville, KY 40219
Primary Category: Human Resources
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business or related field required; Master’s degree preferred; PHR or SPHR Certification preferred
Experience Requirement: Minimum 10 years HR experience in a Manufacturing environment preferred; At least 5 years in an HR Management position required.
- Functions as a member of the senior management team setting strategic direction for the success and growth of all businesses
- Develops organizational strategies by identifying human resources objectives that are in line with company goals
- Collaborates with business partners to implement strategic initiatives resulting in continuous improvement, enhanced employee engagement, improved working relationships, and positive business results
- Participate as a key member of the site management team providing HR current and future needs, organizational structure, consulting support, analysis and recommendations and/or develops a workforce plan for alignment that supports the achievement of site operations and productivity objectives
- Drive talent management and human resources planning systems
- Reports monthly/annual HR data analytics/KPI’s to Executive team for effective business decisions
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develop department budgets and review with executive team and shareholders. Ability to implement financial strategies for the department by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements of a growing operation.
- Foster HR Programs that effectively enhance the Company’s Non Union Employee status.
- Be an advocate for Cultural Change initiatives that enhance the overall Working environment and Business effectiveness of the Company. Will involve utilization of Lean/Six Sigma techniques
- Studies legislation and Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Works to pro-actively identify areas of legal exposure, and provides assistance and guidance, i.e. FLSA, Title VII, FMLA, etc
- Collaborates with HR Team to develop and maintain core human resource programs such as handbooks, job descriptions, performance appraisal systems, compensation evaluations, and leadership best practices.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organization including completing required reporting such as OSHA report, EEO-1 report, Worker’s Comp reports, etc.
- Manages worker's compensation program working with the carriers
- Develops and administrates human resources policies and procedures.
- Promote positive employee relations and teamwork at the facility
- Leads investigations and information-gathering regarding claims
- Consults with attorney on high-risk investigations related to allegations of harassment, discrimination, and retaliation.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Manages and administer full benefit plans by working with agents/brokers in regards to coverage levels and designs, working with employees on enrollment, and being available to answer questions.
- 401k Plan Administration
- Analyzes compensation strategy and administers salary administration/performance review programs to ensure compliance and equity within organization
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Analyzes external competitiveness of company benefits/practices.
- Leads development and execution of the hiring process by providing interviewing guidelines, application templates, pre-employment testing, background checks
- Develop and implement effective recruitment strategies and processes for hourly and salaried recruitment
- Identify high-performing, high potential individuals to help build plant bench strength and succession planning
- Create and implement employee retention programs.
- Provides consultation and guidance on escalated employment matters related to background checks/drug screenings, etc.
- Leads development and execution of formal training programs, such as behavioral interviewing, harassment, performance reviews, safety and leadership best practices.
- Organize and conduct employee reviews and performance improvement plans.
- Create the Image of HR at each Plant Site as a Business Partner.
This position will directly supervise the Human Resources Team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining.
Periodic visits to other offices will be required, as well as visits to potential new sites through mergers and acquisitions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand. Employees are required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; bend, turn and twist; push and pull. Visual acuity, speech and hearing must be within normal limits.
- Strong business acumen with previous experience as a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) preferred
- Previous experience with Mergers and Acquisitions required
- Strong employee relations experience needed
- Strong Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint as well as experience in managing and operating a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) or other human capital management systems and/or ERP systems, such as ADP, Kronos, PLEX, JD Edwards, etc.
- Experienced in Cultural Change, Progressive HR Techniques, Developing HR Personnel.
- Trained in and have utilized Six Sigma and Lean.
- Travel is a regular expectation of this position. Director of HR must be willing and able to travel regularly to other locations as requested.
- Demonstrated solid Communications, Interpersonal, Leadership skills.
- Experience and knowledge of state and federal employment laws a must
- Experienced in training employees and setting up training programs
- Must have exposure to workers' compensation and EH&S administration.
- Self-directed and results driven with strong leadership skills.
- Sound organizational and planning abilities with good analytical and effective problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication (negotiation) skills.
- Goal oriented and able to work under pressure.
- Other Qualifying Characteristics: Team building, takes ownership, proactively and constructively confronts issues, effectively communicates expectations, delegates in an effective manner, adaptable to change, planning and execution skills, technically able to understand product and systems, coach, highly-organized.
How To Apply/Contact