Human Resources Generalist
Organization: Farm Credit Mid-America
Date Posted: 4/16/2019
Date Needed: 5/1/2019
City: Louisville, KY
Primary Category: Human Resources
Type of Position: Full-Time
Together, with other team members, the HRGs will:
- Respond to questions, concerns and suggestions of candidates, leaders and employees.
- Provide mentorship on policy interpretation and performance concerns. Conduct internal investigations, in conjunction with or oversight by an HR Relationship Manager.
- Conduct full-cycle recruitment activities to attract the best candidates to meet defined goals.
- Review requisitions, post/advertise, source, screen, select, offer and set up new employees in the HRIS. Prepare materials, lead logistics and required materials. Communicate effectively with candidate and appropriate partners. Participate on selection teams and administer employee referral program.
- Promote diversity efforts through fulfillment of identified Affirmative Action activities and research continued ways to attract a diverse candidate pool.
- Build partnerships with selected universities, colleges and other recruitment sources. Market opportunities via recruitment materials and register for selected events.
- Support internship program by arranging the logistics and events for the summer.
- Partner with system peers and external recruitment sources, to include agency contacts and recruitment tool vendors.
- Examine current processes for continuous improvement opportunities. Craft plans for adjusting, executing and communicating to provide the best possible experience for those involved or affected.
- Audit and respond to requests for supplemental benefit programs, administer service award program, and resolve benefit concerns with Farm Credit Foundations. Support HR-sponsored benefit programming (Wellness program and Health fair, Pre-retirement workshop and New Employee Orientation).
- Provide claims support for work-related injuries.
- Process requests for leaves of absence, to include FMLA, and explain accompanying options for pay (short term disability and long-term disability, etc.)
- Evaluate requests for accommodation under ADA.
- Model responsible employee data management
- Process, verify and maintain records
- Appropriately key documentation and partner with Foundations on data accuracy, specifically with promotions, demotions, transfers and merit throughout the employee lifecycle
- Produce reports within stated guidelines for board review or compliance purposes
- Serve as a champion for talent management system by answering questions from team members and providing feedback to HRIS Analysts on recommended system changes.
- Keep position description library updated.
- Model a compliance culture by verifying required forms are complete and appropriately stored, perform periodic audits of employee data, HR Process and NMLS registrations
- Administer unemployment claims process, including obtaining documentation, preparing responses and representing the association in hearings and appeals
- Assist with position description creation / revision, including compensation grading and analysis
- Draft and communicate messages through the company intranet
- Represent and communicate the mission and core values, the conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations and perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal HRG has a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of combined experience and education in Human Resources or related field is preferred, with experience in:
- Regulatory compliance with EEO, FMLA, ADAAA, HIPAA, FLSA, unemployment, Worker’s Compensation, and other state and federal laws.
- Working with HRIS, database and spreadsheet software in a professional environment where confidentiality was expected.
- Full-cycle recruiting and associated employee life-cycle data entry
- The following items are not required, but are preferred:
- PHR/SPHR designation
- Experience in Ceridian Recruiting/HR/Payroll or Success Factors/SAP software a plus.
- Experience in internal investigations
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement
How To Apply/Contact