Organization: Turning Point Brands, Inc. / National Tobacco Company, L.P.
Date Posted: 4/16/2019
Date Needed: 5/1/2019
City: Louisville, KY
Primary Category: Human Resources
Type of Position: Full-Time
Title: HR Coordinator
Location: Louisville, KY
Reports To: Senior Director Human Resources
Direct Reports: None
This is a non-exempt position and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of all employee benefit plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short- and Long-Term Disability and 401K. This position is also responsible for updating the HRIS System as needed for all employee changes as well as coordination and communication of wellness programs and benefit information. Occasional travel may be required. This position reports to the Senior Director Human Resources.
- Assist employees with benefit plan enrollments and changes, updating carrier portals with changes as needed.
- Send required plan(s) notices to employees as required by law for all benefit plans.
- Provide employees with needed paperwork for leaves of absence including but not limited to Short- and Long-Term Disability and FMLA. Assist employees with completion and return of required paperwork.
- Track employees on Medical or Personal Leave of Absence and or FMLA.
- Set up new employees in ADP and accurately complete updates for existing employees.
- Assist employee’s with claims questions and general benefit questions.
- Coordinate yearly health fairs and shot clinics for multiple locations.
- Provide wellness and other benefit information communications on a regular basis to all employees.
- Administer employee relation programs/activities.
- Assist in Annual Audits/5500 Filings of all benefit plans by providing required information.
- Be able to perform accurate data entry and prepare general correspondence.
- Update and maintain Payroll Changes Tracker.
- Responsible for balancing and approving temporary employee time sheets. Submit temporary employee time sheets to Finance for payment.
- Act as a back-up to the HR Administrative Assistant.
- Employee is required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk and use hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must use Problem Solving Skills; be dependable; have reasoning ability, time management skills and be able to prioritize work.
- Must have Computer Skills specifically with Microsoft Office Suite and be able to use a Copier/Fax Scanner, and Mail Machine.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and some college preferred but not required. Experience can substitute for college.
- Minimum of 3 Years of Related Experience with a working knowledge of employee benefit plans (Health & Welfare and Retirement Plans – Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution) and the legal requirements surrounding each plan.
- Must be able to perform basic functions with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be able to perform Internet research.
- Experience dealing in a multi-state organization with various stakeholders
- Required to stay current with HR Laws/Mandates as they relate to benefits by participating in webinars and in-person trainings.
- Responsible for being knowledgeable of and acting in strict accordance with the requirements of all relevant laws, regulations, and Company policies, including, among other areas, Food and Drug Administration regulations.
- General awareness knowledge of the ISO9001 Quality Management System requirements, company Quality Policy and your contributions to the effectiveness of the QMS.
This description is based upon management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent.
Minimum 3 years experience with 401K and DB plans
How To Apply/Contact