Organization: Sodrel Truck Lines, Inc.
Date Posted: 5/11/2019
Date Needed: 5/31/2019
City: Jeffersonville, IN
Primary Category: Human Resources
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Human Resources.
- We are looking for a strong payroll/ benefits professional who knows how to manage the day-to‐day and can also be a strategic team player to all our employees. We value this position in our organization and we are looking for someone who can take ownership in the value this role has on each member of Sodrel Truck Lines.
- The Payroll/Benefits Manager role manages all aspects of the Payroll and Benefits function for the organization and complies with state, federal, and local laws. The Payroll/Benefits Manager ensures that all taxes, social security, benefit contributions and other employee deductions are withheld accurately from individual paychecks and ensures that all government reporting requirements are met. This position is also responsible for executing benefit negotiations and
- the annual open enrollment process, as well as the planning and administration of benefits programs to employees.
- Payroll/Benefits Manager Responsibilities:
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the payroll function and ensure timely and accurate payroll processing, on a biweekly basis, in accordance with external compliance regulations and internal processes.
- Oversee the payroll system and make any necessary updates or changes to accurately track time, such as holiday and/or vacation.
- Interpret and implement company policies and government regulations to properly impact payroll procedures and systems processes.
- Ensure the proper processes are in place regarding withholding for wage garnishments, support orders, tax levies (federal and state).
- Analyze administrative problems and adopt an effective course of action.
- Administer the payroll system from a functionality standpoint: provide continual review of system capabilities and serve as subject matter expert on projects related to payroll system enhancements or other systems that integrate into the payroll system.
- Serve as the point of contact and administrator of all payroll earnings, memo, deduction and accumulator codes.
- Plan, coordinate and schedule the production and distribution of all employee tax statements and notifications as required by law.
- Administer all payroll tax reporting for quarterly and year‐end tax processes – federal, state and local. Process quarterly 940, 941 filings along with all required year end reporting. Address all issues and questions resulting from the issuance and filing of these documents.
- Perform data integrity audits to ensure compliance with federal, state and local tax regulations.
- Respond to auditing and regulatory inquiries from internal and external regulatory agencies.
- Assist Human Resource representatives and employees as appropriate in the procedural understanding and application of payroll and related Human Resource policies.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees of benefits programs.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors/providers in order to determine the benefits programs that best meet the needs of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations which affect employee pay and benefits including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, ACA and HIPPA.
- Prepare and file required State and Federal reports and ensure compliance of employee benefits programs with all legal requirements.
- Administer timely and accurate responses to Verification of Employment requests.
- Provide excellent customer service to employees, vendors and business partners.
- Payroll and Benefits Knowledge and Expertise.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Payroll Tax applications.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Human Resources.
- CPP certification, preferred.
- Experience with HRIS and payroll systems.
- Why Would YOU Want to Work for Sodrel Truck Lines?
- Opportunity to enhance each employee’s overall total rewards
- Visionary for the future of Sodrel Truck Lines compensation system
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks’ Paid Time Off per year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- 401 (k) with generous match beginning at 4%
How To Apply/Contact