HR Relationship Manager
Organization: Farm Credit Mid-America
Date Posted: 1/15/2020
Date Needed: 3/1/2020
City, State: Louisville, KY
Primary Category: Human Resources
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: High School
Experience Requirement: 5 years
Description & Details
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe HR Business Partner (HRBP) assists leaders with crafting and executing business appropriate strategies for talent acquisition, compliance, and employee relations activities in assigned areas of responsibility. The HRBP builds positive employee relations by providing counseling and guidance to leadership and employees, proactive employee communications, and prompt issue resolution that supports the Association’s purpose and values coupled with expertise in technical and regulatory aspects of Human Resources. HRBPs support local and corporate programs to promote our employment brand, employee engagement and positive morale. The HRBP works in a collaborative manner with the Human Capital division, Legal, Marketing, Facilities, Security, Audit and leadership to provide uniform interpretation and application of policies, practices and procedures and actively promotes cooperation and relationship building based on mutual trust and respect.
The HR Business Partner may perform all or some of the following tasks, as business needs dictate. The major responsibilities include being a strategic partner, operations manager, employee mediator and advocate and provider of solutions to complex concerns.
As a strategic partner, the HRBP:
- Partners with leaders and Organizational Development to create structure and succession plans.
- Makes recommendations to align client group goals and decisions with the goals of the association and accepted best practice.
- Translates business needs into people plans using forecasting, analysis, and relationship building
- Implements assigned portion of the annual recruiting plan and supports future organizational hiring needs by sourcing and cultivating a network of qualified candidates. This may include support of the college recruitment program, as well as initiating and maintaining relationships with candidate sources, previous candidates, system peers and external recruitment sources.
◦Work with team members to administer job posting and advertising process, and maintain applicant and recruiting files.
◦Screen resumes, administer and analyze pre-employment assessments and surveys, and present qualified candidates to selection teams. Maintain alignment among position descriptions, assessment tools and interview questions.
◦Participate on selection teams as needed.
◦Continually communicate with candidates throughout the recruitment process, from application through onboarding.
- Adjusts HR strategies to respond to changes in the business and assesses HR implications of business decisions/options
- Identifies talent concerns in terms of availability and observable trends and makes recommendations for adjustments
- Identifying critical HR metrics
As an operations manager, the HRBP:
- Communicates and represents culture to employees
- Engages leaders and team members in the calibration of talent and creating appropriate action plans for Employee Engagement Surveys.
- Understands, updates, proposes changes to or answers questions about organizational HR policies, practices or procedures.
- Partners with the Total Rewards Analyst to provide results of compensation studies or other benchmarking activities to clients.
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities, recommends solutions and carries out the planning and implementation of the improvements. Include cross-functional perspectives to provide the best possible experience for internal customers.
- Process, verify and maintain records throughout employee life cycle, which includes appropriately documenting and producing reports within stated guidelines for board/leadership review or for compliance purposes.
- Coordinates, leads, participates, or champions special projects as required.
As an employee mediator and culture advocate, the HRBP:
- Partners with others to create a diverse and inclusive environment
- Works to find resolutions to internal interpersonal conflict
- Anticipates questions or concerns with organizational changes and partners with appropriate individuals to resolve in advance
- Investigates concerns of discrimination, harassment, workplace violence or inappropriate behavior
- Responds to employee and leader needs or concerns
- Provides consultation to leaders to navigate performance or behavior concerns
- Coaches and counsels team members and leaders as needed to resolve concerns of policy interpretation.
- Facilitates the ADAAA accommodation request evaluation process
- Enable SuccessFactors talent management system (Internally branded as Talent Hub) by providing the appropriate context and feedback to the HRIS Analyst and supporting updates and new initiatives as needed.
- Draft and communicate association-wide messages, as needed. Examples include delivering assigned sections in New Employee Orientation or speaking in various meetings.
- Champions the organization’s equal employment opportunity and affirmative action plan by preparing, supporting, and carrying out the plan.
- Represents and communicates the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complies with its policies and confidentiality expectations.
Education and Experience
For external hires, at least 5 years of combined post high-school experience and education in Human Resources or related field, with the majority as an exempt professional with experience in areas stated below.
Experience with the following required:
- Addressing performance concerns and/or providing internal coaching/guidance to leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Leading internal investigations and guiding leaders through the process.
- Regulatory compliance with EEO, FMLA, ADAAA, HIPAA, FLSA, Unemployment, and Worker’s Compensation, and other state and federal laws.
- Working with database and spreadsheet software in a professional environment where confidentiality was expected.
- Facilitating employee engagement survey and action-planning process
The following items are not required, but are highly preferred:
- PHR/SPHR designation
- Experience in Ceridian Recruiting/HR/Payroll or Success Factors/SAP software a plus.