Total Rewards Analyst
Organization: Farm Credit Mid-America
Date Posted: 1/15/2020
Date Needed: 3/1/2020
City, State: Louisville, KY
Primary Category: Human Resources
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer Science or related field
Experience Requirement: Four years’ experience in HRIS administration. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on experience with Excel. Previous experience managing confidential data required. SHRM or HRCI Certification and Certified Compensation Professional preferred. Experience with SuccessFactors, Boomi, HTML, SQL and/or Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
Description & Details
BASIC FUNCTION: The Total Rewards Analyst uses a strong passion for data analytics and employee advocacy to design, maintain or improve the policies, practices and procedures associated with providing compensation programs and locally-managed benefit programs to attract, reward, motivate and retain talent.
- Create, maintain, audit and/or improve recognition programs, to include the BioSTAR awards, 20/20 Vision and Service Awards programs.
- Research best practices with regard to compensation philosophy and locally managed benefit offerings to provide policies and benefits that are relevant in the market.
- Lead regular compensation benchmarking and market research projects to further refine our total rewards offering and confirm programs support business goals. This includes: ◦Modeling the impact of potential changes as a member of the Compensation Team or as needed.
◦Leading implementation and communication of decisions.
◦Performing job analyses and adhere to FLSA and other legislative requirements
◦Verifying and safeguarding internal equity and external market competitiveness
◦Auditing pay with respect to demographics to verify practices remain fair and equitable
◦Maintaining the Position Description Library
◦Updating annual compensation documents
◦Collaborating with HR Relationship Managers to review client group data and translate into appropriate recommendations for leader review.
◦Fitness Incentives and Wellness program, serving as the Association’s Wellness champion
- Administer performance review and merit review cycles/structures, and audit merit and variable compensation program management for teams.
- Create, maintain, audit for accuracy and appropriateness, and/or improve locally-managed benefit programs, to include:
◦First time homebuyer
◦Employee and dependent educational assistance
- Create meaningful communication plans that highlight processes, practices or policies associated with compensation or benefits. Educate and coach leaders and employees on our total rewards programs and philosophy, to include presentation in New Employee Orientation.
- Serve as a back-up and secondary audit for the Payroll Manager.
- Administer leave management programs and audit five-consecutive day off report.
- Manage benefit and compensation vendor relationships, and establish processes and procedures with the vendors to maintain validated, efficient program management and compliance.
- Support the HRIS team by serving as a thought partner in system design, and in configuration and maintenance of system templates, including process workflows, pay grades, job codes, as well as end-user system testing and report generation.
- Resolve concerns and questions regarding total rewards; monitor Maky_HR mailbox compensation and benefits questions.
- Collaborate with other members of the Human Capital team, or others, on assigned projects or initiatives.
- Represent and communicate the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complying with its conduct and security policies and confidentiality expectations.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer Science or related field with four years’ experience in HRIS administration. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on experience with Excel. Previous experience managing confidential data required. SHRM or HRCI Certification and Certified Compensation Professional preferred. Experience with SuccessFactors, Boomi, HTML, SQL and/or Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Local, state and federal regulations/laws regarding pay and compensation (ADA, ADEA, EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ACA, HIPAA, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, USERRA, etc.), compensation best practices, job analysis processes, compensation/rewards impact on motivation, HRIS, business finance and budgeting
Skills in: Data analysis, research, oral and written communication, advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including the development of complex presentations and worksheets, statistical analysis (aging, regression analysis, etc.), project management, vendor management
Ability to: Translate data into a meaningful story for decision-making, craft recommendations based on trend analysis, spend large chunks of time working in worksheets and reports, reduce findings to a narrative, and communicate to appropriate parties, manage projects and timelines.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to customers, staff, officers, board members, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to customers and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
- This role is based in the Louisville, KY office and is a full-time position.