Human Resources Information Systems Analyst
Organization: Farm Credit Mid-America
Date Posted: 1/15/2020
Date Needed: 3/1/2020
City, State: Louisville, KY
Primary Category: Human Resources ( Information Technology)
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer Science
Experience Requirement: Four years’ experience in HRIS administration. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on experience with Excel. Previous experience managing confidential data required. SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred. Experience with SuccessFactors, Boomi, HTML, SQL and/or Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
Description & Details
BASIC FUNCTION: The Human Resources Information Systems Analyst (HRIS Analyst) uses a broad knowledge of HR operations and regulations, strong attention to detail, creativity and respect for confidentiality to create data driven solutions that affect business outcomes and provide an optimal user experience. The HRIS Analyst may:
- Serve as the technical point-of-contact and subject-matter expert providing optimal use of systems utilized by the Human Resources team or systems that enable Human Resources activities for leaders and team members across the Association.
- Perform applicable system maintenance, process improvement, and serve as a subject matter expert for end-user training.
- Create reports and analyze trends for varied audiences from team members or special project teams to the Board of Directors.
- Configure, customize and implement system enhancements or adjustments
- Manage HRMS upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
- Uses data to inform decisions that build a strong quality of hire, retention and leadership capabilities, and a strong employment brand.
◦Develop, manage, and enforce system standards, policies, and procedures.
- Management, administration, and support of the HRIS and talent management systems that provide payroll and compensation, benefits, performance management and assessment, succession planning, recruiting and onboarding tools.
◦Manage processes to maintain or improve the team member and leader experience.
◦Review, test and implement quarterly system updates or patches and maintain data integrity rules and processes. Maintain data pick lists.
◦Create, design, implement, and maintain forms and reporting.
◦Work with the team to set project schedules, set priorities and determine long-term plans
◦Manage relationships with implementation partners/vendors to coordinate necessary software fixes, refreshes, upgrades, and planning for current and future initiatives.
◦Provide training and guidance on the system as needed.
◦Monitor team mailbox and provide timely responses/resolutions
◦Fuse HR data with data from other business functions to provide correlation or trends across data sets that drive business outcomes.
- Compare data from different sources to draw conclusions, recommend courses of action or appropriate solutions.
- Partner with the HRIS team at Farm Credit Foundations to provide smooth data management and optimal internal customer experience.
- Recommend process or customer service improvements or solutions, policy changes and/or variations from established policy to HC leadership.
- Acquire relevant knowledge to serve as a backup for payroll and conduct market compensation analyses.
- May be asked to manage projects or provide other support for HR initiatives.
- Prepare EEO-1 and AAP data.
- Monitors data retention schedules.
- Maintains awareness of current trends in HR data management and metrics with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examines trends in information systems training, materials and techniques. Continuously increases both HR knowledge and HRIS application/tools knowledge. Participates in user group meetings/ conferences.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Computer Science or related field with four years’ experience in HRIS administration. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, with emphasis on experience with Excel. Previous experience managing confidential data required. SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred. Experience with SuccessFactors, Boomi, HTML, SQL and/or Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
A combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Principles and practice of managing sensitive data, Human Resources philosophies and practice, Compensation and Payroll requirements, local/state/federal employment laws affected by data management, Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Adobe PDF. Demonstrated proficiency with an HR ecosystem and technical architecture.
Skills in: Organizing, assessing technological needs, data and process gaps, setting performance goals and objectives, applying HR best practices, explaining system processes to non-system experts, HRIS administration, managing projects in varying stages of completion, reporting progress or data in meaningful formats, clarifying, explaining, listening, taking directions, problem solving, time management, and coaching others, translating business needs to system solutions.
Ability to: Be dependable, communicate effectively, maintain confidentiality, focus on detailed work in a cubicle environment, offer and receive coaching feedback motivated by the collective growth of our team, keep track of items at various stages of progress, make successful presentations, maintain confidentiality, demonstrate integrity and initiative, demonstrate enthusiasm, be flexible, be assertive, use sound judgment, work with speed and accuracy, research, analyze, grasp technical information quickly, troubleshoot technical issues, make decisions, solve problems related to projects, gain understanding quickly of the diverse functions within Farm Credit Mid-America, be logical, work independently and as a team member.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
- Navigate multiple modules in Successfactors, Dayforce or Onbase
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to staff, officers, board members, customers, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to leaders and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.