We would like our LSHRM Members to Step Up to the Challenge! Like with any athletic activity, you need to find the elements that work for you. To help get you started, here are some tips:
- If you are new to climbing stairs, then start slow and build up your tempo.
- To reduce the risk of injury, place your entire foot on the stair each time.
- Experiment with climbing techniques. Check out our climb training guide here:http://action.lung.org/site/DocServer/climbtrainingguide_fy17.pdf?docID=39748. For example, some climbers prefer to keep their arms by their sides, while others prefer to use the handrails. You can climb one or two steps at a time, depending on your comfort level. Use your training climbs to find what works for you.
- Consider a light snack before the climb begins. This will help you maintain your energy level without feeling sick.
- Post Climb take a couple of minutes to cool down and stretch. This will help keep your muscles from being sore.
JOIN LSHRM TEAM