Louisville SHRM is Proud to Host
Barbara Glanz, CSP, CPAE, Hall-of-Fame Speaker
October 8, 2019
Spreading Contagious Enthusiasm™:
Creating a Culture of KINDNESS
Our world is in desperate need of more compassion, caring, and kindness. Civility and common courtesy are seeming to go by the wayside because we are all just too busy. Just the smallest acts of kindness can make a huge difference in your workplace and in people’s lives and can raise not only your profits but the level of goodness in the world. And it can begin with YOU!
Being kind, to me, is noticing and loving all those persons with whom we live or work who “interrupt” our busy lives, oftentimes unexpectedly. Mother Teresa said, “Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier.” This applies to our customers, our colleagues, our friends and our families. We all have the choice to make this our philosophy of life. I hope you will choose KINDNESS.
As we become more technologically advanced, busier, and more stressed than ever before, we often don’t even see the opportunities around us every day to be kind. Our workplaces, our cities, and our homes are in desperate need of more simple kindness and caring. Come and learn an acronym for KIND to awaken you to those chances to make a small difference in someone’s day:
K = Kinesthetic
I = Imaginative
N = Neighborly
D = Deliberate
© Flasko & Glanz, 2017. All Rights Reserved.
From the CEO to the frontline worker, you will leave with many inspirational, concrete, and simple ways to change your organization’s culture and your lives to ones of kindness and caring. Not only will it impact your bottom line, but it will also add more purpose and joy to each day of your life and the lives of others with whom you interact.
Barbara Glanz, CSP, CPAE, works with organizations that want to improve morale, retention, and service and with people who want to rediscover the joy in their work and in their lives. She is the author of twelve bestselling “how-to” books:
- The Simple Truths of Service Inspired by Johnny the Bagger (Co-authored with Ken Blanchard)
- The Simple Truths of Appreciation—How Each of Us Can Choose to Make a Difference
- 180 Ways to Spread Contagious Enthusiasm™
- Priceless Gifts - Using What God's Given You to Bless Others
- CARE Packages for the Workplace—Dozens of Little Things You Can Do to Regenerate Spirit at Work
- Handle with CARE—Motivating and Retaining Employees
- CARE Packages for Your Customers—An Idea a Week for Customer Service
- CARE Packages for the Home—Dozens of Ways to Regenerate Spirit Where You Live
- Balancing Acts—More Than 250 Guiltfree, Creative Ideas to Blend your Work and your Life
- Building Customer Loyalty—How YOU Can Help Keep Customers Returning
- The Creative Communicator--399 Tools to Communicate Commitment Without Boring People to Death!
Barbara Glanz is known as “the business speaker who speaks to your heart as well as to your head,” and she has presented to conferences, associations, and organizations worldwide. Here are some other interesting facts about Barbara:
- Inducted into the Speaker Hall of Fame (CPAE Council of Peers Award for Excellence) in August 2011
- Voted “best keynote presenter you have heard or used” by Meetings & Conventions Magazine, July 2010
- Selected as a “Legend of the Speaking Profession” by the Veteran Speakers, August 2010
- Has presented on all 7 continents and in all 50 states
- One of fewer than 600 Certified Speaking Professionals worldwide
- Has a Master’s Degree in Adult Education
- Former Manager of Training and Director of Quality in Training for Kaset International, a 30 year old Times Mirror training company specializing in Customer Service
- Ranked one of the top speakers since 1997 at the Society for Human Resource Management national conference
- Featured on ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, FOX-TV, PAX-TV, WGN, CNBC, and on radio and in print nationwide
More than just an exciting speaker, consultant, and author, Barbara has three additional “claims to fame”: her great-grandfather laid the cornerstone where the four states come together (Page, Arizona, is named after him); she played the piano on the TV show “Talent Sprouts”; and she directed David Hasselhof of "Knight Rider", "Baywatch" and "America’s Got Talent" fame in his first high school play! Barbara lives and breathes her personal motto, “Spreading Contagious Enthusiasm
- Realize the advantages of being kind and understand the reasons we are often unkind.
- Become aware of all the opportunities you have to be kind in everyday circumstances
- Recognize the CHOICES you have in every interaction to make a difference for someone.
- Learn an acronym for KIND that will be an anchor to remind you of how to be kind to others.
- Experience many low cost or no-cost creative ideas that individuals and organizations are doing to create a better, kinder world.
- Be inspired to commit to your own acts of kindness.