The “60 Second Spotlight” aims to give our most dedicated members an opportunity to share what makes LSHRM so great to them!
If you are interested in sharing your journey with LSHRM with us, please contact the Membership Engagement Committee at Membership@lshrm.org.
- What is your current role in LSHRM? Membership Director
- How long have you been a member of LSHRM? Almost 2 years
- How did you first get involved in LSHRM? Attended new member orientation and decided to join the membership committee as a co-chair
- What are 3 words you would use to describe LSHRM? Educational, Opportunity, and Fun
- What do you find the most challenging about your role in LSHRM? Once new members join, getting them involved or participating early on to enhance engagement.
- How has LSHRM helped you in your professional development? LSHRM has been a great way to enhance my knowledge as well as allowing the networking opportunities to meet individuals either in HR or working as vendors/third party organizations that I can recommend partnerships with my clients.
- What do you wish other people knew about LSHRM? LSHRM is more than just attending monthly meetings and learning about HR topics. It's an organization where you can get more involved in the community, wellness, and enhance your leadership skills as well.
- Do you feel the interest in LSHRM seems to be growing or waning. Why do you think that is? Absolutely it is growing. We are better marketing the organization to build awareness of who we are and what we offer. Once members sign up, we are also much more focused on member engagement.
- What are you most proud of accomplishing during your time with LSHRM? Transitioning the membership committee to less of an administrative function to a more strategic and critical board role. We've successfully grown the LSHRM membership from @520 members to 700 in 2019.
- What changes do you think LSHRM has to look forward to over the next year? Continued focus on engagement and community involvement with some amazing nationally known speakers at our meetings as well.